CAPELA DAS ALBERTAS is the name popularly given to the former Church of the Convent of Saint Albert, the rst female house of the Order of the Discalced Carmelites, founded in 1585. The Palácio dos Condes de Alvor was built alongside it in the late 17th century, which would later house the Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga, created in 1884. The small church is a striking example of the "golden churches" of the Portuguese Baroque with its sumptuous interior combining gilt carvings and tiles in a strikingly harmonious whole that encompasses architecture, painting, sculpture and other decorative arts. It has been closed for 11 years as a result of its degradation. Aware of the privilege that comes from having it among its collection, the MNAA decided to undertake its restoration (a complex and expensive operation) in order to return the CAPELA DAS ALBERTAS to the enjoyment of the public. To do this, we count, again, with your help.
– BECAUSE WE ARE ALL PATRONS –
ALL PAYMENT OPTIONS
Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga (GAMNAA box)
Grupo dos Amigos do Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga
For tax purposes, please, contact:
(name, address, VAT number and proof of donation)
Note: all donors will be considered anonymous, except those expressing an intention to be identified